Sunday, July 01, 2012

happy canada day

HAPPY CANADA DAY

If you can believe it I am actually writing this to you from in the USA today ..... We're in the beautiful state of Montana for a family wedding and having a great time ..... BUT...... since Canada Day is a favorite holiday in our family, we are really missing home too !!

I have a fun post to share with you in honour of our great country ..... and you can check it out over on the Bella Blog as well as more patriotic projects all week long ......


I've seen so many fabulous mantle projects over the years but have yet to tackle my own…..until now !!!  There are several pieces to this collection of red & white for Canada Day and it was so fun to put together……I'm excited to have it out for many July 1st celebrations over the coming years !!!


I love the dimension a container of wool balls can add to any décor.  I painted a plain wooden box white and created some white, red and mixed balls.  They needed a little something so I created some cardstock Canada flags from scratch and tucked one into the front.


Using some fun red & white Bella Blvd. papers, I made a few different sized paper flowers and added a maple leaf to the center of each.  I took a favorite phrase from our national anthem and used different Bella alphas to spell it into the frame.


I wanted to add some height to coordinate with the largest frame, so I added twine, designer tape, buttons and custom flags to a couple of red & white candles – love them !!!


This frame was fun as I bordered the mat using designer tape and added a few maple leafs cut from Bella paper.



It was hard for me to pick a favorite piece but this one may be it.  

I am ALWAYS collecting frames (much to my husband's dismay) so I was excited to see that I had the perfect one in my stash for this fun piece.  I printed the outline of a map of Canada onto a piece of Sophisticates and precison cut it out.  I adhered it to a mat and added it to this great red & white striped frame !!!


The last frame took the most time to create but i LOVE how it all came together.  I used several of  the red alphas from different Bella collections mixed with typed computer print matted on cardstock to have our national anthem in full in this frame ......
 this makes me happy :))

From my family to yours ..... where ever you are today ...... we wish you all the best for a wonderful day !!!

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment