Monday, October 29, 2012

Featured on Bella Blvd.

I've got a couple of projects featured over on the Bella Blog today !!  Head over to see what else they've got goin' on .......
Fall Altered Wooden Owl
Jennifer edwardson - Happy Fall 3
I found this cute little wooden owl in a clearance bin shortly after Thanksgiving and as cute as I thought he was, I knew I could make him cuter :)
Jennifer edwardson - Happy Fall 1
Jennifer edwardson - Happy Fall 2
I took the bottom banner off and got out my tracing paper. I traced every piece on him (yes this one took some time) and then chose my patterns. Once I had all the pieces cut and the edges sanded, I started putting him back together with some of my faves from the Thankful collection.
Jennifer edwardson - Happy Fall 4
I loved the chip icons and alpha stickers for my title and thought the chip house fit in perfectly.
Jennifer edwardson - Happy Fall 5
I added some wooden buttons for his eyes and folded some designer tape to create some funky eyebrows too. I am so happy that I brought hime home and really made him mine.
Supplies:
Thankful: Turkey Tracks, Homey, Burlap, Our Spot, Alpha + Bits Stickers, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Chipboard Icons; Designer Tape: Pony Dot; Wood Buttons: Checkers

Halloween Altered Tray
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 1
My kids absolutely LOVE Halloween. It is only 2nd to Christmas in our house. Okay, maybe their birthday's too. Nonetheless, they LOVE Halloween. It is always a big production and the costumes choosingis HUGE, especially for Alexander.
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 2
He was adamant that he got to be something scary this year (2010). I had a hard time with it as he was only 5 but Dracula was my compromise and he LOVED it. Emma wanted to be a rider – thanks goodness we had most of her costume so I got a toddler pony costume, did a little cutting and stitching and she was good to go.
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 3
Documenting this particular Halloween in a special way was important to me as it was the only year that Emma & Alex would be in the same school together. This tray was the perfect way to capture these memories for me as I can have it out in my office all year and then add it to our Halloween décor each October too.
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 4
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 5
The stickers and cute cuts worked beautifully to embellish (I love the bats in the corner) and I even got some designer tape in there as the spiders web.
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 6
Jennifer edwardson - Halloween Tray 7
Supplies:
Too Cute To Spook: Itsy Bitsy Spider, Quadrants, Cute Cuts, Jacks-A-Glow, Spooky Night, Cob Webs, The Boo Crew, Alpha + Bits Stickers, Just Write Journaling Stickers; Flags: Summer; Designer Tape: Jail Bird

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

1 comment:

  1. OMG - loving you and your lil owl . . . he needs to move to WI ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete