Sunday, June 02, 2013

A Vacation Mini ......

This was just up on the Bella Blvd. Blog and I thought I'd share it here too in case you missed it :))


If you're like me you have a friend (or five) that do not scrapbook in the slightest BUT love the look of it all. I wanted to create something for a friends' recent vacation that wasn't too time consuming but was the perfect little keepsake for a few of their fave photos of the trip !! 


To create the mini album (finished size 4 x 5 1/2") I cut (2) pieces of patterned paper to 5 1/2 x 12" and scored them at every 4".  I sanded the edges of the side that I wanted to be my base and then overlapped one 'page' and adhere together using a strong quick dry glue. 

  To finish the album I embellished each page as though it was it's own mini layout making sure to leave space for photos and dates.  The back of each page is also blank to add more photos it they like !!
 

The 'envelope' measures 4 1/2 x 6" and was cut using my Silhouette.  I used kraft cardstock for the base and embellished it with a border strip, cute cuts and alphas.  


To close it at the back I punched out 1" circles from patterned paper and adhered them to the envelope using button shaped brads.  I added some colored twine to tie it closed .... throw in an adhesive runner and it's good to go !!!

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment