Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thanksgiving recap .....

Happy 'belated' Thanksgiving everyone !!  Our family flew out to Calgary for the long weekend to meet my new nephew, celebrate Emma's 13th birthday and eat turkey with family and friends on the prairies ...... so I took a blogging break too :))

We had a fantastic weekend and LOTS of laughs.  It was so great to catch up with those that we don't see nearly as often as we'd like !!

I created a fun 'thankful for' message for the dinner table using some of my fave Core'dinations cardstock and thought I'd share it with you today ....


 I am loving my Silhouette more and more these days and I knew I wanted a tiny box to sit at each place setting.  I found this great cut file by Lori Whitlock and started cutting.  I used some brown cardstock for the base of several and also cut a few boxes using my fave white spotted cardstock too.


These were really easy to put together and I love the look of the embossed Core'dinations cardstock.  It adds some great depth to the project.

As cute as the boxes were, I wanted a sweet embellishment for the top so again using my Silhouette, I cut out an adorable mini sunflower !!  It was cut to be held together in the center by a brad but I wanted it a bit more 3 dimensional than that so I layered the two petal pieces with 3D foam and added a button with twine in the center.



I finished each box off with a mini tag from the David Tutera Celebrate collection.  These little tags are adorable and were the perfect size for everyone's names.  I mixed white with a few of the pearl finish tags and tucked them under the 'petal' of the flowers.

I was so excited to fill each box with a little note about what I am thankful for with each person…….everyone LOVED reading their note and there was even a tear or two - LOVE that !!

These can be used for ANY occasion and I think I may even whip up some for the Christmas table too .....

I have a fun fall home decor project for you tomorrow so come on back :))

TFL ..... Talk soon.




3 comments:

  1. These are just so sweet! Love the sunflowers. What a great idea to leave a message for every person.

    ReplyDelete