Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm on @ Bella today.....

Check out what i've got goin' on over on the Bella Blog today......


This wooden bird house needed some love and pretty paper and I knew I could give it the TLC it needed. So out of the clearance bin it came and ended up on my desk for a few days while I thought about how it was to become a whole new house, and NOT a bird house. 


I got out my favorite papers from the Thankful collection and started cutting. First, I covered the front, sides and roof. I sanded the edges of all my papers first and adhered using a strong quick dry glue. Once I had the house 'built' like I wanted, I set to work putting the finishing touches on it.  


I love the phrase “there is no place like home” and wanted it on the front of this piece so I used the High Five Alphabets to complete this project. I love that pieces like this are super easy to add to your Fall décor anywhere in your home.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the Bella designer tapes and am always looking to use them in alternate ways. I folded pieces back and forth to create some shingles on the roof as well as created grass at the bottom for my house and turkey to sit in! 

....and now for the wreath !!!!!


I ended up cutting more than (200) 3" strips of patterned paper AND designer tape, snipped both ends of each one into a flag shape and got to work with my favorite quick dry glue. This is a great way to use up tiny scraps leftover from layouts or cards.


I am not going to lie and tell you this was quick. But, it was relatively easy once I got going and I'm super happy with the end result. I wrapped the largest circle first, then next and so on until all the wire had been covered. 

Then I chose a couple of brown papers and created a banner for some words and embellishments. I adhered a wooden skewer to the back of the banner to keep it from folding in and secured it to the inside edges of the wreath with a strong quick dry liquid glue.

This is perfect for your front door or mantle and could be changed to fit any holiday decor just by changing the Bella Blvd collection. 

Head over to see what the other Bella Blvd. girls have got for you today.....

.....then check back with me tomorrow for some more holiday inspiration :))

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

4 comments:

  1. Both of your projects really shined on Bella Blvd's blog today. I pinned your wreath--I am in awe of it. I've gotta find me one of those wire frames so I can make myself one--Would be so cute with Christmas colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love the wreath. I am going to make one this weekend! Of the three inch strips, how long are they? Are each level on the wreath the same length of papers/tape?

    Teresa Wilkins
    teresawilkins@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super great projects! You did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my GOODNESS, that is what you were working on??? That turned out AMAZING, way to go!!

    ReplyDelete