Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wooden Stool for Bella Blvd.

This fun project was featured on the Bella Blvd. Blog the other day but I wanted to share it here for those that may have missed it !!!


All my work surfaces in my office are quite high so I use a 'bar stool' to sit on while I work. I like to prop my feet on something so I decided to create my own little custom stool just for me! I found this square one at a local craft store and the height of it was perfect. I love the look of patchwork/quilting so I decided this would be a great way to incorporate some fun Bella color into my space on a truly usable piece....


For this square wooden stool I started by lightly sanding the rough edges before spraying it with white paint.


Once it was dry, I added a strip of designer tape along each of the 4 edges and covered it with Mod Podge.


Then I cut patterned paper into 1 1/2" squares and adhered them on top and I covered the entire top with Mod Podge.


I love that Stephanie created fabric to go with so many of the paper designs. I created a ruffle to go with the paper on top and adhered it around the edge using my hot glue gun. This was such a fun project to create and I love how it looks in my office.


Come on back tomorrow to see where I put the leftover fabric ruffles ;))

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment