Thursday, October 17, 2013

... just a little burlap bag

I have always loved the look of burlap on pretty much anything home décor and craft related so when I got a whole package of it from the David Tutera Wedding Collection I couldn't wait to add it into my Core'dinations projects.

This was a fun, quick and easy addition to the Fall / Thanksgiving décor I created for our Thanksgiving weekend (it was October 14th in Canada :)



I cut a piece of burlap approx. 5 x 12" and folded it in half.  I ran it through my sewing machine on each side INSIDE OUT and then turned it 'right side out' again :))

I pulled a few strand of the burlap off the top to fray it a bit and then tied it using natural colored twine.

The Core'dinations Tags are SUPER and something that everyone should have in their stash.  They come in several shapes and I love that I can just easily throw them into my typewriter to personalize them however I want !!

I added a few die cut leaves to the tag and bag and it's ready for some fun fall treats … 


Supplies:
  • Fashion Tag Small Ivory
  • Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection No. 7-S (orange)
  • Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No. 6 (yellow)
  • Signature Series Darks Grphic 45 – Dark Cashmere (brown)
  • David Tutera Wedding Collection Burlap
  • David Tutera twine (comes in embellishment pkgs.)
  • Sand It Gadget

TFL ..... Talk soon.



1 comment:

  1. CUTE~!!! Something I can do....with fabric glue! HAHAHAHA!!! You're talking to a non-sewer ;0P LOVE IT, my talented friend xo

    ReplyDelete