Saturday, December 21, 2013

Core Christmas Tree Cards

Like many of you I know, I too have been making Christmas cards like crazy lately and I've got a couple to share with you today !!


I started with an A7 (5 x 7) David Tutera card base and put it through my embossing machine with my fave Darice snowflake embossing folder.


I created the first 'tree' by punching snowflakes from Core'dinations white Glitter Silk cardstock and rasied them with 3D foam.  I embossed a piece of brown cardstock from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" paper pad (LOVE these - cardmakers NEED these pads) ..... I used the Darice woodgrain embossing folder and then sanded the top lightly to show the pattern !!



I added a star and sentiment from the David Tutera Celebrate Step 3 embellishment packs and finished this one off with some red twine ......


I created the 2nd card using the same steps but different cardstock !! 

I started with the same kraft card base and then punched smaller heart shapes from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered cardstock and raised them using 3D foam .....


I punched a circle from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress cardstock pack and embossed it with a circle embossing folder and lightly sanded off the top for the 'trunk' of the tree ......


...... again the tree top and sentiment are from the Step 3 packs by David Tutera Celebrate with a little red twine wrapping it all up with a bow !!!


....... 2 different ways to create the same Christmas-y card featuring Core'dinations and David Tutera Celebrate !!!

TFL ..... Talk soon.



2 comments:

  1. love theses 2 cards, i want to make some....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using RentalCars you can discover the most affordable car hire at over 49000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete