Tuesday, April 22, 2014

... a little Simple Stories Layout

Today I thought i'd share a layout I created recently using a super sweet 8 x 10" photo of my girl from several years ago .... she's growing up quick !!

It can be daunting to create with larger photos sometimes so it's always nice to see how they can be incorporated onto a layout without becoming too overwhelming ....


I used the Daily Grind collection by Simple Stories for this layout.  This is such a super collection for everyday photos and more.  I started with a distressed solid base (the light blue), and then added my large photo to the right edge of the base.


I cut several strips of different patterns to adhere as a frame around the photo .... The embellishments for  this collection were FABULOUS !!

Lots of adhesive backed chip shapes and stickers to add all over here and there ......


I added a few buttons with twine and my journalling in the bottom right corner directly onto the base .... This is perfect for this sweet photo of my girl ... can't believe she is 13 already !!!

TFL ..... Talk soon.




1 comment: