Thursday, July 18, 2013

.... another Core'dinations Layout

This was a step outside of the box layout for me.  I am very linear in my designing and usually shy away from circles since I can’t seem to keep them in a straight line !!! I have been playing around with my Silhouette lately and found this super cute circle template so I cut it to 11 x 11″ using a piece of Core'dinations ‘Shattered’ cardstock. 


I really wanted to use it twice on this layout so I laid it underneath my Kraft Core base and lightly sanded over top to have the image come through on top.  I added my photo first and then started embellishing around it …… I took the circle template and carefully cut it into several pieces and adhered them around the photo slightly overlapping in spots and laying off the edge of the layout in others.   


To add some more color I chose 4 pieces from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection and punched a couple sizes of circles out.  I ran them through my Big Shot using a spotted embossing template and lightly sanded them to make the dots pop !!  I raised all these circles around the layout to appear like I am ‘juggling’ lots of balls in the air …. (read the journaling)


Tomorrow I am going to share my new fave way to store my embellishments so make sure you come on back and check it out 'cause I think you're going to love it as much as i do ......

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment