Saturday, July 20, 2013

...... get ready to ORGANIZE

Today's post is ALL about organizing all the pretty little bits that we all can not get enough of ..... I am completely obsessed with anything and everything that will pretty up my pages and projects !!!

 

When Laura asked if us Bella Blvd. DT girls had any fun ways to organize I jumped at sharing my fun new way to store all my embellishments !!!


 I, like many of you I'm sure, have the most adorable dishes and tins and bins to keep all my pretty bits in but I found that they were taking up TOO MUCH SPACE and I wasn't using them as much as I should. I was teaching a workshop recently and a friend of mine (CTMH consultant Kristine Ponte) had these fantastic storage bins with her. I fell in LOVE and had to have them for myself.

  

The cart is the VERY popular Raskog kitchen cart from IKEA. It truly is the most amazing cart for storing all your most used favorite craft/scrapbooking supplies. The CTMH containers are the perfect fit and come in 3 different sizes. I mixed the sizes and have essentially (almost) cleared the top of my workspace.


All of my Bella Blvd. embellishments are now kept all together in one medium sized bin (heaven). I love that I can open the lid and they are all there looking up at me, completely organized just waiting to be used. And seriously, how pretty do they look?


I've used one to house all my 6 x 6" AND 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" Core'dinations cardstock pads, rolls of twine and pkgs and pkgs of Core tags too !!!


I added a foam insert and mini plastic storage boxes to a small organizer and filled it with the colors of brads and buttons I use most often. These are all loose and as I open my Bella Blvd. button packages, the rest get sorted into here by color. This makes it so much easier when I go to use them for a project.


I used a medium storage box for bits of twine, die cut packs, sticker sheets, loose flowers and more .....

I've only had this system for a few months .... BUT ....  I will absolutely for certain tell you how in love I am so far. I get so excited to sit down beside this pretty cart every time I go to 'work' :))

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

6 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I have one of those carts and love it. Those storage bins from CTMH look great. Kristine is on the same DT as myself. Isn't she great? Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - going to have to pick up one of these next time I'm at IKEA. And so where do you get these bins and the little ones you stored the brads and all in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see all the storage bins here: http://kristineponte.ctmh.com/Retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=164

      Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the bins...they are sold in small, medium and large and there are foam inserts to put in the small one and craft boxes sold separately that work with the insert!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I could help Jennifer!!! Your stuff looks sooooo pretty in there and isn't it so much easier to find it all now :) What a wonderful coincidence that our Close To My Heart storage containers fit into the Ikea cart perfectly!!! Thanks for the shout out my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two fav things in the whole wide world...IKEA and Close to My Heart Storage containers! aaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cool that the CTMH storage fits into the Ikea cart! Thanks for sharing all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete